Yesterday, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by saraybennet. I can only put the link for her wonderful blog “Glittering Wanderlust” here and hope that you click on it and read at least one or two posts about her adventures abroad in Spain. Thanks for the nomination!
So, let’s get started. First off, what’s the Liebster Award? When I first saw it, I had to think of the superlative form of the word “Lieb” in German. Liebster is a way to refer to your favorite… so I could start a sentence with “Mein Liebster Kuchen” and you’d be about to hear about my favorite cake.
The award aims to expose new bloggers and help mark their blog in the blogging world.
And the rules are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog. check
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (whoever designed these rules wants to make sure that we have manners) check
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I decided to answer the questions first, because I figured random facts about myself will be enough of a draw to read to the end of this post (not that I’m innocent of long posts, generally)
Questions from “Glittering Wanderlust” (seriously love the name of that blog!)
- What is your favorite way to spend a rainy afternoon? On WordPress with a cappuccino
- Do you prefer to travel to warm or cold locations? Prefer mild climates, but I like to explore in shorts and t-shirt
- What is the top item on your bucket list? this changes. Right now, it’s the Hamburg Marathon
- What is the strangest food that you have ever eaten? Where did you eat it? Labskaus, actually, and it’s a specialty of Hamburg (though can be found in Norway, Sweden, Dennmark, and, oddly enough, Liverpool. It looks like this:
- Do you like solo or group travel better? I like being in transit solo better, but I enjoy actually being in a place better in groups.
- Would you ever go skydiving? If the opportunity presented itself, yes.
- What is your dream job? A professor who is also paid to write on the side
- Who, if anyone, inspires you to travel? My imagination
- Who do you admire most? My mother
- What is your favorite book or movie? Right now, The Lord of the Rings books AND movies are occupying a lot of brain space, but I’m also enjoying Wir neuen Deutschen as well. I’d like to do a blog post about it soon.
- Do you write your blog with or without music? Since I’m listening to music now, it’d be a lie to say that I don’t. Yep. Listen all the time when I’m doing any pleasurable writing or reading. If I have to read political history in German, I’m less likely to be listening to music. Right now, “Rolling in the Deep” is playing (though not because I picked it.)
Now, instead of posting my facts about myself, l’m going to mention nominees and questions, and then answer those questions myself.
I nominate Rural Running Redhead, pscapp, trying to get faster even as I get older, Cadence Runner and run fast, puke left for the Liebster award and to answer the following questions. I’ve asked them because they’re the folks (sorry, not sorry about using that word) whose response posts I (and maybe others) would like to read.
- How much did you run from Oct. 13-19?
- Do you have a set time you try to blog, or does it just “happen?”
- When you are ready to blog, do you make yourself a drink first? If so, what kind?
- What is something you would like to accomplish before the end of 2014?
- If you have children, which of your traits are you most happy that they picked up?
- Beach or trail run?
- If you (and anyone else you with you) were given a travel stipend and a week off, where would you go?
- Which language do you think sounds the most beautiful?
- What kind of movie would you like to star in?
- (for the laundromat-savvy) If there was one machine almost done, and you needed to do a load, how long would you wait for the person to show up before you (nicely) took out their laundry so that you could do yours?
- Do you blog with the hope that others read your blog, or do you really not care?
All these questions are optional!
- How much did [I] run from Oct. 13-19? 47.8 miles
- Do [I] have a set time you try to blog, or does it just “happen?” I don’t have a set time, but usually do it when I’m not distracted by anything else pressing.
- When [I am] ready to blog, do [I] make [myself] a drink first? Yes, usually a coffee or tea
- What is something [I] would like to accomplish before the end of 2014? Feel at home, to some extent in Hamburg. Set a half-marathon PR. Have at least 20 pages of notes for my MA thesis
- If [I] have children [which I don’t], which of [my] traits [would I be] most happy that they picked up? My conscientiousness and thoughtfulness
- Beach or trail run? Trail
- If [I] were given a travel stipend and a week off, where would [I] go? Moscow
- Which language do [I] think sounds the most beautiful? I think the Khoisan languages sound neat, but I really like Brazilian Portuguese
- What kind of movie would [I] like to star in? I’d love to get the training to be in a martial arts movie with a powerful philosophical message
- (for the laundromat-savvy) I would wait 15 minutes
- Do [I] blog with the hope that others read [my] blog, or do [I] really not care? I do have a set audience in mind for my blog sites, and I do kind of hope that my posts get read. Yet in the end, it really only matters to me that I can go back and read them myself.